Monday, December 6, 2010

Class Throwdown Showdown Drawing

For the last day of Design Visualization 1 we had a drawing competition. For the class, we were put in groups of six. We were to draw a group of people for 15 minutes. For this activity, I chose to draw using a contour method and focused on the outer shapes the people made. I chose to eliminate the chairs and the things that surrounded them so that the viewer could visualize the surrounding to what they wish it to be. Below is a picture of my favorite drawing of the two. I think I could have shown more detail in value and contrast in the people in my drawing, but am satisfied with the simple approach.


Here is a fun look at this drawing combined with my other drawing coming through. I like the way the people emerge and gives a "see through" look. It is like some of the people are invisible. 


No comments:

Post a Comment